The Society has a wide range of equity committees that are open to members who identify with the community of interest. Equity committees are a way to address key issues within the Society, advocate for changes in collective agreements using an equity lens, promote societal change and be part of broader social movements, and meet other members who have similar interests to your own.
The following equity committees are seeking involvement from members:
- Sisters United ([email protected]) — Working for women’s equality and equity
- Young Professionals Network ([email protected]) — Advocating for the interests of members 35 and younger
- Indigenous Relations Circle ([email protected]) — Addressing and advocating for the social and economic advancement of Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- Pride & Solidarity ([email protected]) — Creates educational opportunities and awareness of 2SLGBTQI+ issues in the workplace and our union; this committee is open to 2SLGBTQI+ people and their allies
- Coalition of Racialized Professionals ([email protected]) — A space to organize for racial justice within Society-represented workplaces and communities across Ontario
- Professionals with Disabilities ([email protected]) — Promoting education and awareness of issues of importance to members with disabilities, including how to accommodate disabilities in every facet of life
To get involved, contact the equity committee of your choice with the email addresses provided above.