Following the close of nominations, a contested election is being held for the role of Executive Vice-President (EVP). The EVP is one of three Principal Officers, which provide senior executive leadership to the union. This election is part of the Society's regularly scheduled triennial election process, and voting will be held from November 17 to December 1, 2021.
There are two candidates nominated for the position of EVP:
The EVP has a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Oversight of the grievance process
- Development and oversight of member services
- Oversight of arbitrations
- Directing education and member engagement programs; and
- Overseeing bargaining training and support for locals.
- October 26-November 16: Campaign period. The candidates will have a three-week campaign period in which they may conduct outreach to members and seek support
- November 8: An All Candidates Meeting will be held as part of Society Council, in which all Council Delegates (voting and non-voting) may participate. A recording of this meeting will be made available to all members.
- November 17-December 1: Voting period. All eligible electors will automatically receive a secure electronic ballot at noon on November 17. The voting period ends at noon on December 1 with results published as soon as possible following conclusion of the vote.