If you already work at a Society of United Professionals-represented workplace but have not signed a membership form you are missing out on the benefits of being a Society member. Fill out this form and a Society representative will be in touch.
Membership comes at no additional cost and has a number of important advantages. For example, as a member you have:
- A stronger voice in the Society and in your workplace;
- The right to run for elected union office, including membership as a Society representative on a Joint Health and Safety Committee;
- The right to vote in elections for Society representatives and the right to vote in referenda on internal Society
issues (like changes to the Constitution);
- The right to participate in membership meetings;
- The right to a voice in determining negotiating priorities through surveys and meetings;
- Access to member-only Society website, bulletins, newsletters and other materials;
- Access to promotional materials; and
- Access to Society discounts on services and merchandise.
Whether or not you are a member you pay dues to the Society. These dues cover things like the cost of negotiating and administering your collective agreement as well as advocacy on labour, industry and related issues that improve our ability to negotiate stronger agreements for members.