The Society of United Professionals is dedicated to empowering and uplifting women and taking action to address issues that affect the status of women. Our mission is to create a supportive and inclusive community where women can connect, learn, and thrive. Through our site, we aim to provide you with valuable information, resources, and opportunities that can help you on your journey towards personal and professional growth.
- Empowerment: We believe in the inherent strength and potential of every woman. Our goal is to inspire and empower you to reach your full potential in every aspect of your life.
- Education: Knowledge is power, and we are committed to providing you with educational resources and insights that can enhance your skills, broaden your horizons, and help you make informed decisions.
- Community: We understand the importance of a supportive network. Join our community to connect with like-minded women, share experiences, and build lasting relationships that can contribute to your personal and professional development.
- Advocacy: We advocate for gender equality and women's rights. Our website will keep you updated on relevant issues, campaigns, and initiatives, and provide ways for you to get involved and make a difference.
Explore Our Page:
- About Us: Learn more about our organization, our mission, and our team of dedicated individuals who work tirelessly to support women. (Under Development)
- Resources: Access a wealth of resources, including articles, guides, and tools covering a wide range of topics such as career development, health and wellness, personal finance, and more. (Under Development)
- Events: Stay up to date with upcoming events, workshops, webinars, and conferences. These events are designed to foster learning, networking, and personal growth. (Under Development)
- Get Involved: Discover how you can become an active part of our community. Whether you're interested in volunteering, contributing content, or supporting our initiatives, there are plenty of ways to get involved. (Under Development)
- Contact Us: Have questions or suggestions? Reach out to us through our email address below. We value your feedback and are here to assist you. Contact us at [email protected]
United Sisters, formerly Sisters in Society (SiS), began as the Women’s Committee. It was initially formed at a time when Ontario Hydro began hiring greater numbers of women into Society jobs. They were becoming a significant Society demographic but “unseen” in terms of Society involvement. The fledgling Committee’s first organizing event aimed specifically at women was an after-work wine and cheese party. Back then The Society was run by a 10-person Executive. Leslie Forge and Fay Greenholtz both served on this Executive and Fay became the first female Society President. There was an effort to recruit women into Society Committees, including the creation of Committees focused on what were considered to be women’s issues – the Work and Family Committee and an Employment Equity Committee. These replaced the Women’s Committee and included male members. In 2018, following the renaming of our union, this committee was renamed Sisters United. This was then updated in 2023 to United Sisters.
Thank you for visiting our site. We look forward to embarking on this empowering journey with you. Together, we can create a world where women's voices are heard, their rights are respected, and their potential is realized to the fullest. Join us in making a difference!
United Sisters Core Committee Members
- Rebecca Caron - Chair - OPG Local
- Judith Dunlop- Hydro One Local
- Susan Sloan- OPG Local
- Diane Cabral- OPG Local
- Allana Gagnon- OPG Local
- Jodi Dandenault- OPG Local
- Catherine Torrese Benyi - OEB Local
- Jennifer Cui - IESO Local
- Laissa Tomovici - IESO Local
- Jessica Chandrashekar - LAO
- Victoria Mull - LAO
Contact: [email protected]