***Registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest***
Registration is now open for the fourth edition of the Society’s EMPOWERMENT! 2023 conference. This full-day event is open to all members interested in learning more about equity, how to be an ally, and how to get involved with one or more of the Society's equity committees. Space is limited, so register now to reserve your spot.
EMPOWERMENT! is an in-person event on Saturday, October 28th from 8:30AM-4:30PM at the Sheraton Toronto Centre Hotel (Willow Ballroom) in downtown Toronto at 123 Queen St. West. Registration closes at 5:00pm on October 25th.
Each of the Society’s equity committees - Indigenous Relations Circle, United Sisters, Pride & Solidarity, Young Professionals Network, Coalition of Racialized Professionals, and the Professionals with Disabilities Committee - will host a session looking at key issues and activities their committee is working on, including some stimulating guest speaker related to their work.
- 8:30 am - Indigenous Opening provided by Bob Goulais
- 9:00-9:50am – Indigenous Relations Circle (IRC) – Speaker Bob Goulais on how to best engage with our Indigenous membership
- 9:50-10:00am – BREAK
- 10:00-10:50am – Young Professionals Network (YPN) – Session on advocacy and speaking up for young and all workers
- 10:50-11:00am – BREAK
- 11:00-11:50am – United Sisters (US) – Session on workplace violence and intersectionality from the Committee
- 12:00-1:00pm – LUNCH
- 1:00– 2:50pm – Professionals with Disabilities Committee (PDC) and Coalition of Racialized Professionals (CoRP) – Speaker Dr. Toni DeMello (TMU)
- 2:50-3:00pm – BREAK
- 3:00-3:50pm – Pride & Solidarity – Speaker Anita Bryan (USW) – Mentorship and encouragement for more involvement and leadership, especially our 2SLGBTQA members
- 3:50-4:30 pm – EMPOWERMENT! 2023 Closing
EMPOWERMENT! will begin with an Indigenous Opening provided by Bob Goulais at 8:30AM sharp. Please don’t be late.
All Society members are welcome to attend, however attendees are responsible for their own travel costs. Lunch and refreshments will be served (please note any dietary requirements on your registration form).
EMPOWERMENT! 2023 Conference
Saturday, October 28th, 2023, 8:30AM-4:30PM
Sheraton Toronto Centre Hotel (Willow Ballroom)
123 Queen Street W. (near Toronto City Hall)
Lunch and refreshments provided