Disabilities don’t define talent. Hire inclusive.
According to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), organizations with inclusive cultures are: 2x more successful in meeting financial targets; 3x higher performing; 6x more innovative and agile; achieve 8x better business outcomes. They reduce turnover, attract the brightest and best, while improving attendance, morale and safety records.
Research has shown that persons with disabilities have identical job performance ratings as employees without. 57% of employers spend nothing on workplace adaptations, the most frequent being: flexible work schedules or reduced hours (19%); modified duties (13.5%); or a special chair or back support (11%). Persons with and without disabilities have similar levels of education, and take the same amount of time to learn a new task or job skill.
- Business Benefits of Accessible Workplaces, Conference Board of Canada
- Rethinking DisAbility in the Private Sector (including recruitment strategies), ESDC
- Enabling Accessibility Fund, ESDC
- Tax credits and deductions for persons with disabilities, Government of Canada
- Accessible Workplaces, Government of Ontario
- Use 211.ca for disability employment service providers