Wed Jan 25 - Let's Talk Day
Every day, more than 200 people in Canada attempt suicide.
1 in 4 people have experienced high levels of anxiety.
Take the initiative! Set up a team meeting, discuss at lunch, at home or with friends. The following questions can jump start your discussion.
Improved mental health comes from listening and kindness...
- What do you think are some ways to help a person's mental health?
- What kinds of things bring you mentally up? mentally down?
- Do you believe it's all about attitude and resilience, or is that an over-simplification?
- What things at work have you "taking it home with you" emotionally or mentally?
- Do you think our team responds to mistakes as an opportunity to grow?
- Do you say 'No'? Are you okay with your imperfections and do you trust in your strengths?
- Why do we let people's words hurt us? Is insecurity always due to an 'event'?
- What kind of self-talk do you find helpful? How else do you change your mood?
- Do you find yourself over-thinking things? Do you respond well to things that are outside of your control?
- What do you do to relieve stress or care for yourself? Is there anyone that needs help with this?
Submitted by Jeff Orman on behalf of the Society's Professionals with Disabilities Committee