Professional employees are getting ahead by joining SEP. You can, too.
If you already work in an SEP-represented workplace, click here to sign-up as a member now.
The 8,000 SEP-represented women and men work in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Our members are: engineers, lawyers, scientists, accountants, supervisors, managers, IT professionals, planners, analysts, communications and public relations professionals, economists, project managers, trainers, auditors, statisticians, actuaries, administrators, customer service professionals and marketers.
SEP is a union with more than seven decades of experience helping professionals in Ontario build rewarding careers with good working conditions.
9 Reasons to Join SEP
- Strength in numbers: you will be part of an international union with 80,000 members
- Better deals for workers: collective agreements are negotiated by experts and voted on by all members
- Job security: protection from “restructuring” and arbitrary dismissal
- Someone in your corner: access to SEP’s professional staff, who are experts in handling grievances
- A strong advocate: expert advocacy for policies and laws that improve workers’ lives
- Equitable workloads: fair job assignments and performance evaluations
- Democratic representation: SEP is run by elected members with the support of professional staff – all members are eligible to be elected
- Safer workplaces: access to a join health and safety system that makes workplaces safer
- Expert training in leadership, negotiation, representation, advocacy and health and safety
Do you think you and your colleagues might be interested in becoming SEP members? Contact our organizer Michelle LeBlanc at email@example.com. SEP keeps all inquiries in strict confidence.