March 26, 2009
Society Pensioners’ Chapter – Service Delivery
The prime objective of the Chapter is to further the interests of the Society of Energy Professionals’ pensioners and of the Society itself.
Services provided by Pensioners’ Chapter
Represent Pensioners who are members of the Chapter
- Monitor collective bargaining activities, results and trends.
- Ensure Pensioners are informed of Pension Settlements, preferably by each company, but, if not, by the Pensioners’ Chapter using information supplied by the Society.
- Maintain Communications Link between Society, Pensioners’ Chapter and its members.
- Monitor social, economic, educational, legislative and political events of interest to Pensioners and their spouses
- Provide support and/or resources when requested by the Society.
- Publish and distribute printed material as may, from time to time, be desirable to further the aims and objectives of the membership
- Collect and document the concerns of the Chapter.
- Petition legislators for the introduction and enactment of legislation on measures to improve the health and welfare of all retired persons. All such petitions should have the prior approval of the Executive of the Chapter
- Co-operate with other organisations with similar objectives
- Make representations to the Local Vice-Presidents, Executive Board and Society Council on behalf of Chapter members’ concerns.
Delivery of Services
In order to provide or deliver the above services to its members, the Chapter would engage in activities in the following areas. We would involve the members of the chapter committees in Communications, Benefits, Pensions and Membership. The Chapter Executive would also liaise and consult with the Society.
- Inform its members about matters affecting them and/or the Society
- Make members aware of legal changes which may affect pensioners
- Provide an update on the Society and its work on behalf of members
- Prepare submissions for Negotiations with each company
- Maintain record of Negotiation status of each company.
- Collect and submit feedback from employees re benefit status
- Member of Internal Joint Management/ Union Pension Committee
- Watch Legislation regarding pensions
- Monitor pensions and their trends and communicate status update to members
- Obtain feedback from members
- Status of New Employees
- Liaise with other pensioner groups
- Represent as many members as possible.
- Assist pensioner members with any problems
- Provide access to Staff Resources
Return to Top