Approval Date: February 11, 2009
COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE 2007 - 2009
To establish and maintain communication between the Society, the Pensioners’ Chapter and its members. Within its mandate the Committee will:
1.1 Chapter Update
Keep members informed by issuing timely and regular Chapter Updates (at least quarterly) on activities of the Chapter and issues of concern to its members.
Maintain Chapter website ensuring:
- Contents reflect current and accurate information.
- Membership needs are being satisfied.
1.3 Communication Channels
Recommend appropriate communication channels to distribute information to Chapter members.
2.0 Work Program 2007-2009
2.1 Chapter Update
- Commencing on June 2007 issue Chapter Update on a bi-monthly basis.
- Draft contents of Chapter Update and other general communications, as required.
- Articles should include, but are not limited to: Benefits and pension issues, bargain updates and general information of interest to members.
- Assist Secretary on the distribution of the Chapter Update (via e-mail and/or Canada Post), as required.
Webmaster and/or Assistant Webmaster has the accountability to:
- Post any information as requested or approved by the Executive Committee.
- Arrange to have the Society newsletters (i.e., Newscast and NewsFlash) posted on the Chapter website as soon as practical after their distribution via e-mail by the Society office. (Note: With the Chapter website incorporated with the Society website on March 17, 2008, posting of the Society newsletters on the News Archives web page was discontinued on April 3, 2008.) It should be noted that due to the high cost of printing and mailing, members without an e-mail address will not receive copies of Society newsletters or Minutes of the Annual General Meeting. Reference: 070626, Item 7.1, Executive Committee Meeting.
- Periodically review all links to ensure that they are current or not broken.
- Submit design proposals to enhance the “look and feel” of the website to make it more user-friendly to Chapter members and outside users.
- Submit monthly reports on website activities to the Chair of the Communications Committee at least 2 calendar days prior to next scheduled Executive Committee meeting.
- Establish and maintain operating procedures on the maintenance of the website.
2.3 Monthly Reports
Submit monthly report on Chapter activities (e.g., membership, communications, benefit and pension) to the Secretary who has overall accountability for communications of the Chapter at least 2 calendar days prior to next scheduled Executive Committee meeting. The Secretary is expected to present or submit a Communications Committee report at every Executive Committee meeting.
2.4 E-mail and Voice Message Inquiries
Assist Secretary on gathering information or taking the appropriate action to address inquiries received from the Society Pensioners’ Chapter e-mail and voice mail boxes, as required.
2.5 Establish and Maintain Regular Contact with Society Representatives
- Society Communications Officer (Brian Robinson).
- Local Society VPs concerning communications between Society, Chapter and its members.
Establish and maintain communications operating procedures, as required.
If you have any questions please contact Dave Jefford, President by calling the Chapter phone number or e-mail as displayed below.
The Society of Energy Professionals - Pensioners' Chapter
425 Bloor St. East, Suite 300,
Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3R4 Canada
Phone: (416) 979-2709 ext 4000 Toll Free: 1-866-288-1788 ext 4000 Fax: (416) 979-5794
or send an e-mail.