What we are
The Society is an independent trade union that represents professional employees in the electricity industry in Ontario
- The Society is democratic: members vote on constitutional amendments, dues changes, and collective agreement renewals (unless arbitrated), among other things
- The Society is an organization based on voluntary membership
- The Society is Local 160 of the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, based in Washington, D.C.
- Through our affiliation with the IFPTE, the Society is affiliated with the Canadian Labour Congress/Congrès du travail du Canada, the American Federation of Labour/Congress of Industrial Organizations, (AFL/CIO, "America's union movement"), and UNI Global Union, the "global union for skills and services"
- The Society is a member organization of the Canadian Council of Professionals and the Professional Employees' Network